THE SHRINE OF THE MIRACULOUS CRUCIFIX
In 1895, the original Saint Anthony's Church was completely destroyed by a massive fire. Only a large crucifix above the main altar miraculously survived, untouched by the fire. For many years this crucifix was displayed in the foyer of the church.
However, along with many repairs and improvements to one of Jersey City's most beautiful churches, Father Joseph Urban has refurbished a side chapel where parishioners can once again be able to pray before Christianity's greatest symbol of God's mercy.